How To Drive Traffic To Your Website
Traffic generation for your website is all about getting visitors to
your website, or a specific webpage. Many internet marketers acknowledge that it’s
the most important ingredient in successful Internet Marketing.
As you may realize traffic generation is paramount to Internet Marketing,
you won’t sell your product if no one knows about it. Let’s face it,
you can have the ultimate product and salespage on the planet, but if
you can’t get visitors to your site you won’t sell a thing.
Makes sense, doesn’t it? Everything else you do is, for the most part is solely
optimizing, to maximize the profit you make from the visitors you get to
How do you build traffic to your web site?
There are a multitude ways to increase traffic to your site, and clever
marketers are coming up with more all the time. Basically they can be
broken down into traffic you pay for and traffic you get for free. Here
are some examples of each type:
Traffic you pay for:
- PPC: Pay Per Click advertising.
- Paying other sites to link to yours.
- Advertise in ezines and online newsletters.
- Submitting to paid search directories.
- Organic Search Engine traffic, the better you are at SEO (Search
Engine Optimization) the more natural (not paid) search engine traffic
you will get.
- Social Bookmarking: you can increase your traffic if you and/or
others, bookmark your site on social bookmarking sites like
del.icio.us, OnlyWire, Furl, and StumbleUpon.
- Social Networking sites: promote your site through social
networking sites like Squidoo, Fanpop, FaceBook and MySpace. It also
includes social networking microblog sites like Twitter and Jaiku.
- Posting relevant and useful comments on blogs.
- Posting in online forums and putting your website address in your forum signature.
- Email: putting your website address in your email signatures.
- Persuade other sites to link to yours for free.
- Bum Marketing: writing articles which other web publishers can
use on their website for free providing that they include a link back to
- Submitting to free search directories.
- Creating viral reports with embedded links back to your site.
These are merely some of the ways to get more visitors to your website.
There are numerous ways to get visitors to your website, but this is
enough to get you off to a good start.